On the weekend of 28/29 July I travelled to the Fig Tree Physiotherapy Clinic in Wollongong NSW, and delivered a 2 day course entitled “Core Stabilization from the inside-out” to a participant group which comprised Physiotherapists, Osteopaths and Exercise Physiologists.
The Fig Tree Physiotherapy Clinic was an excellent location to hold the course – great equipment and set-up which made delivering the course and carrying out the practicals so much easier.
The course covered functional stabilisation for rehabilitation and sports performance, with the morning of Day 1 consisting of an explanation of the diaphragm’s role in core stabilization, followed by testing and activation procedures for functional diaphragm activity. The afternoon was then dedicated to functional core training progressions.
On the morning of Day 2 we began with neck and shoulder testing and then practiced their activation and training, with the afternoon session covering the lower back, hips and lower extremities.
The group members were very knowledgeable and great to work with, and they showed a real interest and aptitude in the practicals.
As an added bonus, they also provided some very interesting dysfunctional scapular and hip stabilization patterns for me to work on.
I really enjoyed delivering this course and would like to thank everyone involved in its organisation, particularly Andrew D'Ath-Weston - thanks very much Andrew!
The participants gave me great feedback - below are some comments received at the end of the course:
- “I loved the course. It will change the way I think of movement and core-training”
- “Great concept, I enjoyed how it challenged things learnt at Physio School”
- “Thank you, it was a fantastic course, and I really enjoyed the weekend”
- “The course was fantastic, with plenty of practical strategies for assessing and creating stabilisation for function and performance”
- “Very interesting stuff! I couldn’t recommend the course highly enough. Great tools for movement change”
- “I really enjoyed the course and I got tonnes out of it and would be willing to fly to Brisbane for further coaching”
- “Wonderful interesting course with a lot of depth and an original approach”
- “I really enjoyed the course and thought the info was beneficial. It is something we can practice and better ourselves with”
- “I thoroughly enjoyed the course. It gave me knowledge and practical skills that I can incorporate into treating clients straight away. I would definitively recommend the course to other practitioners"